Chicken & Peri Peri Spices
- 275 g free-range chicken breasts
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp tomato powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Lebanese cucumber diced 1cm
- ¼ avocado diced 1cm
- ½ pack cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ pack pre-cooked brown rice & quinoa or 1x 125g cup
- 3 Tbsp lite sour cream
- 1 Tbsp peri peri sauce or similar
- Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. Place your hand flat on top of chicken and slice through horizontally. Add onion powder, sweet paprika, tomato powder, oregano, garlic powder and lemon pepper to a large bowl and mix to combine. Add chicken to bowl with spices and toss to combine. Season with salt.
- Heat oil in a medium frypan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through. Add corn to pan for final 5 minutes of cook time. Rest chicken, covered, before thinly slicing.
- While chicken cooks, dice cucumber and avocado 1cm. Halve cherry tomatoes. Add all to a large bowl with lemon juice.
- Cook rice & quinoa mix in the microwave as per packet instructions. Add cooked rice to bowl with veggies and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and peri peri sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top rice salad with sliced chicken. Dollop over peri peri cream.