Everyone loves a roast chicken, and this one is no exception! Your Le Creuset Professional Basting Brush makes the perfect tool to slather this delicious glaze over the chicken, resulting in a delicious and golden skin.
Maple Thyme Roasted Chicken
- 1 size 16 whole chicken
- 50 g butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 bulb garlic cut in half horizantally
- 1 red onion cut into quarters
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 5 sprigs thyme
- Before you start.Preheat oven to 160°C bake (or 140° fan bake).
- Make glaze.In a small pot, melt together butter and maple syrup gently, stir to combine.
- Prep chicken.Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper, rubbing into chicken.
- Prep garlic & onion.And then place into roasting dish, then place chicken on top.
- Glaze chicken.Using your Le Creuset Basting Brush, glaze chicken with the maple butter mixture, and then pour stock into bottom of dish.
- Roasting chicken.Cover dish with foil and place in the oven and roast for 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove foil from the chicken, increase the oven temperature to 200°C (or 180° fan bake) and roast for a further 25 minutes or until the skin is golden and the juices run clear.
- Serve! With your favourite roast accompaniments, or makes for delicious roast chicken sandwiches the next day!