This plant-based Hemp Chick*n from our friends at Plan*t is made from New Zealand grown hemp and pea protein. It’s got a delicious meaty texture, which you can shred straight into a salad or sandwich, or cook it until golden and crispy. Like we’ve done here!
Our Plant-Based and Veggie Bag Recipe Developer Amelia has created a DELICIOUS vegan Pad Thai recipe using this vegan chicken. It’s packed full of flavour and comes together quickly for a delicious meat-free meal!
You can now add this Hemp Chick*n to your next order from our Kitchen!
Plan*t Hemp Chick*n Pad Thai
- 4 Tbsp tomato sauce or ketchup
- 2 Tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tbsp vegan fish sauce (or regular fish sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced (about 2 Tbsp juice)
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 200 g flat rice stick noodles
- 250 g Plan*t Hemp Chick*n
- 200 g mung bean sprouts
- big handful of fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli thinly sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts crushed
- 2 Tbsp crispy shallots
- Before you startBring a large pot of salted water to the boil
- Prep sauceWhisk all sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl, until well combined. Set aside.
- Prep pad ThaiThinly slice onion and set aside. Cook rice noodles in pot of boiling water on high heat for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Drain, rinse well with cold water to cool, then drain again. Toss with a drizzle of oil to prevent sticking.
- Cook pad ThaiHeat a drizzle of sesame oil in a large frypan or wok on high heat. Cook onion and plant-based hemp chicken with a pinch of salt for 6-7 minutes, stirring often, until golden and tender. Add cooked noodles and sauce to pan and toss together. Cook for a further 1 minute, until hot through and noodles are coated in sauce. Stir through mung beans and coriander. Season to taste with soy sauce.
- To finishThinly slice spring onion and chilli and cut lime into wedges.