Ahead of the King’s Coronation, we couldn’t not create a delicious Coronation Quiche to suit! Try Chef Jake’s twist on the official recipe. Enjoy!
Jake’s Coronation Quiche
- 400 g store bought savoury shortcrust pastry
- ¼ cup flour
- 600 g baking beans or dry rice
- 1 leek cut in half lengthways & thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 g tarragon chopped
- 100 g tasty cheese grated
- 50 g Parmesan grated
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- drizzle oil
- 2 cups edamame
- 50 g baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 1. Prep pastry crustPreheat oven to 190°C. Grease and line a 25cm loose-bottomed quiche tin. Roll pastry about 1-cm thick on a lightly floured surface. Carefully place into baking tin and trim the top of the pastry using a sharp knife. Prick a few times with a fork, being careful not to go right through the pastry. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- 2. Prepare fillingTrim dark green ends from the leek. Cut in half lengthways and thinly slice. Mince garlic, chop tarragon and grate tasty and Parmesan cheeses. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream together. Season with salt and set aside.
- 3. Blind bake pastry crustLine the base and sides of the pastry crust with baking paper and fill with baking beans or dry rice. Place on baking tray and bake for 25 minutes. Remove beans or rice and paper and bake the empty case for 4-5 minutes, until the base is lightly brown. Set aside to cool.
- 4. Cook greensHeat a drizzle of oil in a large frypan on high heat. Add leek, pepper and garlic to pan and cook for about 3 minutes, until golden. Add edamame to pan and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add tarragon, spinach, first measure of mustard and pepper measure. Season with salt and cook for a further 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 5. Bake quicheCombine the cheese and egg mixture with the greens. Pour into prepared pastry case and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and filling is just set. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 7. ServeSlice quiche into 8 pieces and serve with leafy greens.