Classic Beef Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- drizzle of oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 600 g beef mince
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 100 g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 350 g spaghetti
- drizzle of olive oil
- 50 g grated Parmesan
- PREP ITBoil a pot of salted water.Dice onion and capsicum.Grate carrot.
- FRY ITHeat oil in a medium pot or frypan on high.Cook onion, capsicum and carrot for about 7 mins, until browned and softened.Add Italian herbs, salt measure and beef mince and cook for about 7 mins, until browned.Add canned tomatoes, stock and soy sauce to pan. Bring to a simmer.Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 8 mins, until thickened.Chop spinach and stir through.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- BOIL ITCook pasta in pot of boiling water for 8-10 mins, until just tender.Drain, return to pot and toss with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- TOSS ITToss pasta through sauce, until coated.
- EAT ITFill bowls with spaghetti and sprinkle with Parmesan.Grab a fork and twirl to your heart’s content!