This delicious recipe is the epitome of spring!
Have you tried purple asparagus? While it is less common than it’s green counterpart, it is heavenly sweet, tender, and delicious raw! We’ve created this quick and easy Asparagus & Ricotta Tart, using the stunning Purple Asparagus from our friends Naked Harvest. Enjoy!
Asparagus & Ricotta Tart
- 1 sheet flaky puff pastry
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 200 g ricotta
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan grated
- ½ lemon zested & juiced
- 8-10 purple or green asparagus spears trimmed & cut in half lengthways
- pinch chilli flakes
- sprinly grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 220°C bake (200°C fan bake). Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Gently unroll pastry onto a lined oven tray. Use a sharp knife to lightly score around the border of pastry 1cm from the edge (not cutting all the way through). Using a fork, prick pastry in a few places inside the border. Brush the border area with a little of the beaten egg.
- Place the remaining egg into a bowl with the ricotta, Parmesan, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the pastry sheet, staying within the marked border. Cut asparagus spears in half and arrange them on top.
- Bake on middle-upper oven rack for about 10-15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the chilli flakes and extra Parmesan. Slice and serve.