Best Ever Creamy Pesto & Mushroom Pizzas
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 350 g mushrooms thinly sliced
- 90 g Colby cheese grated
- 150 g cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp basil pesto
- 60 g tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 pizza bases
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 twin pack baby cos lettuce shredded
- 2 tomatoes diced
- Before you startPreheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake) – OR alternatively, heat your Ooni Pizza Oven!
- Prep pizzasThinly slice onion and mushrooms. Grate cheese. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and first measure of basil pesto. In a second bowl, combine tomato paste and sweet chilli sauce together.
- Assemble pizzasDivide tomato paste mixture between pizza bases, spreading out evenly to cover.Sprinkle over cheese, onion and mushrooms, then dollop with pesto cream cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pizzasTransfer pizzas to 1-2 lined oven trays. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the bases are crisp and golden around the edges. Swap trays halfway to ensure even cooking.If you're using an Ooni Pizza Oven – cook in this instead!
- Meanwhile, prep saladIn a salad bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a pinch of salt. Shred lettuce and dice tomato. Just before serving, add lettuce and tomato to bowl with dressing and toss together.