A deliciously vibrant and creamy baked tofu dish and perfect for whipping up in a Signature Le Creuset Shallow Casserole dish! P.s. this dish is completely plant based, too! (however you can use regular cream instead of plant based cream if you like!)
Creamy Tuscan Tomato Baked Tofu with Roasties & Basil
- 800 g potatoes diced 2cm
- drizzle of olive oil
- 600 g firm tofu
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- drizzle olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cashew or soy cream or regular cream if not plant based
- 2x 400 g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon zested
- 100 g baby spinach
- 200 g green beans ends trimmed
- 25 g sliced almonds
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 4 Tbsp basil leaves picked
- Before you startPreheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). If you do not have an ovenproof frypan, set aside a large baking dish.
- Prep & cook roastiesDice potatoes 2cm. Toss with oil on a lined oven tray and spread in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and roast on lower oven rack for 25-30 minutes, until tender and golden. Turn once during cooking.
- Prep & cook tofu.Pat tofu dry and cut into 8 long fingers, 2cm wide. Heat oil in a medium frypan on medium-high heat – a Le Creuset 30cm Shallow Casserole is perfect here! Coat tofu in ragù spices and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden. Transfer tofu to a plate, set aside and return pan to medium-high heat.
- Make sauce & bakeMince garlic. Heat oil and garlic for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Add cashew cream, tomatoes, sugar and salt and simmer for about 5 minutes or until reduced. Zest lemon and add to pan along with spinach. Stir to combine. Transfer to a baking dish if using. Place tofu steaks in sauce and bake on upper oven rack for 15 minutes until sauce has reduced.
- Prep beansTrim ends from beans and season with salt and pepper. When potatoes have 5 minutes cook time remaining, push potatoes to one side of the tray and add green beans. Return to the oven for 5minutes, until beans are tender.
- ServeServe tofu with potatoes and sauce, topped with basil and almonds and lemon wedges on the side.