When the weather is not so favourable outside, this Korean Army Stew is our Chef Danny’s go-to comfort dinner. It’s full of pantry ingredients, it’s warming, and so delicious!
Danny Doughnut’s Korean Army Stew
- 2 Tbsp Korean chilli flakes or use any chilli flakes
- ½ Tbsp Korean chilli paste you can use more if you like spice!
- 1 Tbsp rice wine or mirin
- ½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 200 g cocktail sausages sliced (or use any sausage, pork mince, bacon or ham)
- 200 g tofu sliced
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 spring onion sliced
- ½ cup store bought kimchi or 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- ½ can baked beans
- 100 g instant noodles e.g. ramen noodles
- 1 slice cheese
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Thinly slice sausages, tofu, and mushrooms. Slice spring onion and set aside separately.
- Place sausages, tofu, mushrooms, kimchi, and baked beans in a shallow pot. Place the sauce in the middle and pour over stock and water.
- Cover with a lid, bring to the boil on medium-high heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add noodles to pot and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until noodles and meat are cooked.
- Top with cheese and sprinkle over spring onion.
- Serve with a bowl of rice, if desired.