The Butcher x Ironclad Co.
At My Food Bag we’re passionate about great quality ingredients, from local suppliers across Aotearoa. Which is why we’ve launched ‘The Butcher‘ – a subscription service delivering our favourite cuts of premium New Zealand meat. Choose from free range chicken, butterflied NZ lamb, premium beef mince, beef sirloin and more!
We’re also passionate about cooking – and the quality tools we use to do so. So, we’ve partnered with Ironclad Co. to bring you a delicious recipe, cooked to perfection on the Ironclad Legacy Pan. Ironclad pans are durable, quality cast iron skillets, made from 100% recycled iron and designed to outlive 50 non-stick pans*!
Sexy Charred Chicken with Coriander & Lime Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 600 g chicken breast
- 1 large handful coriander (sub for Italian parsley if you prefer)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp water
Garnish to serve
- fresh coriander
- lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine minced garlic, lime juice, paprika, oregano, soy sauce and brown sugar to form a paste.
- Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. Place your hand flat on top of chicken and slice through horizontally. Toss chicken in marinade and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Place all sauce ingredients in a blender or nutribullet and blend until smooth. Add a little more water as needed, to thin out. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a decent drizzle of oil in your Ironclad cast iron pan on high heat until hot (high heat will help the chicken become charred, but be careful of smoke and burning your pan, reduce heat if it becomes too smoky). Cook chicken for about 3-5 minutes each side, until charred and cooked through.Set aside to rest.
- Remove pan from heat and add 2Tbsp water to pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan to release all the flavour.
- Roughly slice chicken and toss back in pan, along with any resting juices. Serve in the pan garnished with green sauce, coriander leaves and fresh lime.